Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Technology Frustration!!


Today did not start out the way I would have liked it to - when I tried to turn on my computer this morning nothing happened!!!  I pulled out the desk and played with all the cords and plug ins and nothing was helping - the tower was dead!  What a wonderful surprise - how would I surf, enter challenges, and most of all how would I post my cards as One Crazy Stampers Guest Designer for June.  Panic - so what can a Mom do but text a son at work ( and yes I actually sent a text for those of you who know how much I resist using my cell for anything but emergency calls ), and thankfully he called a little while later and said it sounded like the power source in the tower was burnt out.  So off I went to the parts store, and my son came over after work and installed the new part, and as you can tell IT WORKED!!  And my son just couldn't get over the fact that I actually knew how to text someone - days like this make me feel old.

Anyhow, I did some gardening, finished grouting the tiles in my bathroom, and then found the time to create this card featuring an LOTV image called Dandelion Clock.
The dp is from Kaiser Craft Magic Happens Collection, and the image was cut with a Spellbinders circle die and then framed with a Spellbinders Scalloped circle.  I used Smooch Pearlized Accent Coat on the wings, Viva Decor pearl pens on the buttons and the dots of the skirt, and flower soft on the dandelions.  I masked the image and then sprayed Tsukineko Goosebumps for texture around the fairy.  The sentiment is also from LOTV, lace was from my stash, and flourishes were cut with a Tim Holtz die.  I am entering this card into the following challenges:
ABC Challenge - V is for Violet
http://abc-challenge.blogspot.com/
Lili of the Valley Thursday Challenge - I Believe in Fairies
http://liliofthevalleythursdaychallenge.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Hello there;0) Very cute! I love LOTV images and I love your lace ribbon. Lace is one of my favs to use on cards and LO's. Beautiful dp! Thank you for joining us this week over at ABC Challenge!

    hugs xx
    Cecelia B

    ps...I have yummy candy over at my blog!

    ReplyDelete