Sunday, August 7, 2011

Good Read!!

Yeah, it's Sunday and that means the dt at Dream Valley Challenges are showing off the delightful cards they have created for this week's "Distressing" Challenge.  The sponsors for this week are OSCC and Digi Doodle Shop.  My card features "Boy & Dog" from DDS and is colored with Copics (all E's except for one lonely YG and three W's ).  I used Spellbinders Labels Twenty-One to cut and mount the image, distressing the edges with Tim Holtz distress tool and brown ink.  The dp is from Basic Grey's Basic Kraft paper pad, sentiments are from Whimsy and all the embellishments are from my stash.  Every paper edge, plus the twill and ticket sentiments were all distressed with brown ink.
I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Card Cupids - Buttons and/or Ribbon
Corrosive Challenges - #128 Earth Tones
Glitter Geeks - Furry & Feathered Friends
Just Add Ink - JAI 79 Add Tearing/Distressing
Stamp Something - Use a Digi

15 comments:

  1. Love your distressed look, Shari, and also the beautiful colouring of that image. Everything looks so good and it's a brill card. CoB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shari what a gorgeous image, and your colouring is fabulous. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful Shari, I love the distressed look & that laced twill ribbon looks fab :)
    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A brilliant male card (I find them so hard to do!)! Great job!!

    luv, Mags x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's gorgeous, Shari - I love the sentiments - they're perfect for the cute image! Susie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a lovely card, your distressing is fabulous! Love your layout too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling card! The distressing is amazing! Love the sweet image and your coloring is wonderful! Thanks for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge! :)
    {hugs}
    Regan ~ Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love this card and the shoelace is perfect. I might have to use that in the future (thanks for the idea)! Your coloring is also fantastic. Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks this week and hope you'll join us again soon

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a really lovely and mellow card. It's so calm and serene. I love it. The image and colouring is beautiful. Well Done.
    Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks and good luck. Hope to see you again soon.
    Steph xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous image - i love the colours you've used and your distressing is fab! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card! Love the layout. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wowsers!
    I adore this so much! The wee image is just perfect and the colours are fab for the Challenge!
    Hubby loved the image as soon as I seen it!
    Hugs M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is adorable, makes me what to reach out and pat the dog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhhh...I love this card. The image is adorable. It reminds me of a dog my brother had. I love the brads with the string..how creative. Your coloring is perfect. Great job!!
    Thanks for joining in the challenge this week @ The Corrosive Challenge.
    Hugs..Debra DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. A very creative card, and a superb image! I love your blog name too!

    Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks and good luck :).

    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete