Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Vikings are Brave

It is a another beautiful day here in the Kootenays, and I find myself working at my coloring desk putting last minute finishes on several card kits that I will be teaching next week in Calgary, Alberta.  Although this is not one of the cards I'm teaching I still wanted to share this card with you all.


This is Viking by artist Birdie Brown for My Favorite Things.  I fell in love with this image as soon as the company previewed it, and it just kind of fell into my shopping card the minute it was available to order.  The image was stamped onto Copic Xpress it cardstock with Cement Grey ink from My Favorite Things so that I could experiment with no line coloring.  After coloring the image with Copics I added Prismacolor pencil coloring to the shadows and highlights, and also used the pencils to add texture to the viking.  All of the patterned paper is from Doodlebug, as well as the dragon paper clip.  Hope you like him!


No comments:

Post a Comment